Re: [fluid-dev] Re: invalid instrument/drum selection problem

From: Edenyard
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Re: invalid instrument/drum selection problem
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 11:31:00 +0000

Josh wrote:

The Reverb in FluidSynth hasn't really undergone that much in the way of
changes.  Its not really that good I've noticed and it along with the
Chorus are good candidates for overhaul.  As for Jack, it doesn't have
"Reverb" or "Chorus" itself, it is an inter-application audio (and now
also MIDI) routing framework.  With it you can route the output of
FluidSynth to a program such as JackRack which can use LADSPA plugins,
such as Reverb, Chorus, etc.  Hope that helps explain things better for
you.

Thanks, Josh! All info is very gladly received. I've got a huge amount to learn about Jack and all, and your comments are very helpful in pointing me in the right direction.

If it wasn't for all the excellent work that you and others do on Fluid (and answering all the questions!), my organ project would most likely be a dead duck. So grateful thanks to you all for all of that, too.

(You can stop blushing now....)

Cheers,
Gerald.