Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth going dormant periodically?

From: John Anderson
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth going dormant periodically?
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 20:51:27 +0200

On Thu, 2007-12-13 at 20:27 -0800, Ken Restivo wrote:
> I've noticed an alarming tendency lately for fluidsynth to "go
> stealth" sometimes.
>
> Basically I'll start up a couple fluidsynth instances, like I've been
> doing every day for almost a year now. But, once in a while, and
> increasingly frequently, the instances will NOT show up in JACK, nor
> will they show up in ALSA, but the processes *are* definitely running!

I noticed one time that starting qsynth didn't show up new jack
ports.IIRC, it was when I was changing lots of settings in qsynth, and
the engine had been restarted, oh about 20 times. But even restarting
qsynth didn't help.

I've never noticed it from the command line, but then I haven't
repeatedly started and stopped it.

bye
John