Re: [fluid-dev] How to find the MIDI thread of a fluidsynth instance?

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] How to find the MIDI thread of a fluidsynth instance?
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 18:08:39 +0000

Hello Ken,

I would imagine the thread order will always be the same, at least
that's a guess.  The thread that is using more CPU time is the audio
thread.  In my case, the first thread is the audio thread, so the second
is the MIDI.  You could also modify the priority values at the top of
the fluid_alsa.c file, rebuild and install:

/* SCHED_FIFO priorities for ALSA threads (see
pthread_attr_setschedparam) */
#define ALSA_PCM_SCHED_PRIORITY 90
#define ALSA_RAWMIDI_SCHED_PRIORITY 90
#define ALSA_SEQ_SCHED_PRIORITY 90

Perhaps that should be permanently done, so that things are setup in an
ideal manner for all users.

        Josh