fle3-dev

Re: [Fle3-dev] Thinking Tools on the WebTop

From: Teemu Leinonen
Subject: Re: [Fle3-dev] Thinking Tools on the WebTop
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 23:46:41 +0200

Hi all,

You are right. The first thing is to write the user stories and to think about the API. Still I would like to keep it simple. Maybe there is no need for API if the widget is just a simple small software without any "saving feature" etc.? Printing is as must but maybe you can print the results to XML, view them in a web browser and print from there.

Tarmo Toikkanen wrote:
3. Design into the API services for installing, upgrading and
deinstalling widgets, plus enabling of widgets for users or
courses.

Actually I thought that the Thinking Tools should be generic tools usable in all course and usable for all users. In any Fle3 course there should be some time for thinking and the thinking could be supported with some widgets.

4. Implement this API into Fle3.
5. Release Fle3.
6. Start designing and implementing the tools, which can be installed
into a working Fle3 system at any time.

OK - you are right. It would be very neat if you could have a repository of thinking tools and could choose and install them in your own Fle3 instant if found useful. This way we could maybe have developers that are developing and contributing tools to Fle3.

All of this might take a while, so maybe we'll need to release Fle3
1.5 first and get this stuff ready by 1.6.

Yes. Definitely. The 1.5 should be released first.

To advance this development track I'll write an example user story of the cross-classifications tool.

        - Teemu