fle3-dev

Re: [Fle3-dev] Create new knowledge type set: Software Lifecycle

From: Cormac McClean
Subject: Re: [Fle3-dev] Create new knowledge type set: Software Lifecycle
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 05:06:07 -0500

Hi Teemu,

Please find attached waterfall-model.zip (14k) which contains the
files for the new Knowledge Type Set, "Software Lifecycle: Waterfall
Model". I'm also CCing the fle-dev mailing list: the file is available
from http://moodle.ait.ie/resources/waterfall-model.zip

This Knowledge Type Set is for collaborative development of software
products using the classical software lifecycle ("Waterfall Model").
It is based in part on two of the existing Knowledge Type Sets, Design
Thinking Type and Learning Diary 7.

There are 10 note types:
1. Project Idea
2. Requirements Specification
3. Design Phase
4. Verification
5. Implementation
6. Integration
7. Maintenance Phase
8. Give Feedback
9. Ask a Question
10. Providing an Answer

I would appreciate any feedback, good or bad, in the form or
correctios or suggestions. My Computer Programming / Software Systems
groups are starting to use this Knowledge Type Set and I expect
refinements will be made as a result of our learning experiences.

I'm also planning the following:
1. Knowledge Type Set: Incremental Model
2. Translation of the FLE3 interface into Gaeilge (Irish Gaelic)

Once I get the hand of Zope-Python products development, I'd also like
to investigate the possibility of creating Concept Mapping tools for
use in FLE3.

By the way, one thing I noticed about duplicating and exiting the
Knowledge Type Set. I changed the name/abbreviation of one of the note
types from "Test Cases/Testing" to "Verification/Verify". However, in
the list of follow-up types the original abbreviation was still being
displayed. I had to edit the fledom.xml file and change the ID-REF
from "Testing" to "Verify" in each case. Is this a bug (all be it a
minor one)?

Kind regards,
Cormac McClean.
--
Cormac McClean.
Lecturer, Athlone IT Software Engineering