fle3-dev

Re: [Fle3-dev] Learnig-Diary: Translation

From: Tarmo Toikkanen
Subject: Re: [Fle3-dev] Learnig-Diary: Translation
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 12:50:03 +0200

Although my XML-editor validates fledom.xml as "well formed XML", import of learningDiary.zip including the new fledom.xml fails ...

Hmm... There could be a problem with UTF encoding or something. Can
you send the archive to me personally, so I can take a look at it?

Thanks for the files. As I replied to you personally, there were some
problems within the file that don't make it invalid XML, but still
break the rules by which it's parsed. So using the provided
translation UI in Fle3 is strongly recommended.

I might be totally lost, but I think people doing the spanish translations of knowledge type sets recovered the same bug.

I think the problem was the use of the &-sign.

Hm - but you used the &-sign yourself - and it works ...

The sets that come with Fle3 aren't built from XML files, but from
Python modules. It's actually a historical thing, dating back from the
time when we didn't have XML import/export functionality. But yes, if
you use ampersands (&) in the Fle3 gui, it isn't escaped properly upon
export and thus breaks the resulting XML file. This was fixed in
september.

--
Tarmo Toikkanen
http://www.iki.fi/tarmo/