fle3-dev

Re: [Fle3-dev] Feature request

From: Tarmo Toikkanen
Subject: Re: [Fle3-dev] Feature request
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 12:00:48 +0300

see a kind of "whoami" when logged in, such as "logged in as [nickname]". This
would also be
helpful in _all_ FLE tools (not only WebTop), e.g. when logged in as fleadmin
_and_ any kind of
testuser, so I could see at first glimpse, which browser window I´m currently
using ...

Hmm... Fle3 isn't designed to be used as several users simultaneously.
The fact the recent versions of MS IE do allow separate user accounts
in separate windows is just something that MS IE does currently.
Previously all browsers have used the same credentials in all frames
when using basic authentication.

We should probably check all major browsers and see how they handle
this situation. At least Mozilla derivatives use the same account in
all windows. If many people really think this is necessary, then
perhaps we could consider it, but I do think that 99% percent of Fle3
users just use one account.

Actually you can set the Webtop background image to whatever you want.
If you use different backgrounds for each of your user accounts, then
you can see by the color of the "Webtop" tab your identity. Could this
solve your problem?

--
Tarmo Toikkanen
http://www.iki.fi/tarmo/