fle3-dev

Re: [Fle3-dev] More on ZODB bloat

From: Tim Wilson
Subject: Re: [Fle3-dev] More on ZODB bloat
Date: Wed Sep 18 12:00:03 2002

On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 09:03:20AM +0300, Bo Granlund wrote:

> > I just wanted to post a followup to my earlier message regarding some
> > dramatic ZODB bloat on my Fle3 install.
> >
> > I packed the database last night and ZODB was about 150 MB. Tonight
> > after some activity by about 30 students in one course, ZODB is 1350 MB.
> > Pretty dramatic I'd say. After packing it's right back to 150 MB.
> >
> What version of zope, fle3? What other products do you have installed?
> What operating system are you running zope on? Anything else that
> could trigger this rather bizare state? What python version?

System details:

Zope 2.5.1 with Python 2.1.3 on the PIII server with 640 MB RAM running
Debian Linux 3.0.

I have a variety of packages installed including a handful of
ZClass-based products, NFGnav, ExtFile, Formulator, a couple LDAP tools,
MSWordDocument, TinyTablePlus, and ZPsycopgDA.

I haven't installed any new products for quite a while. The bloat
problem surfaced immediately following my Fle3 install.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      |   Visit Sibley online:   | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS |  http://www.isd197.org   | http://www.zope.com