fisicalab-discuss

Re: [Fisicalab-discuss] Query on Fisica Lab - Reg

From: Germán Arias
Subject: Re: [Fisicalab-discuss] Query on Fisica Lab - Reg
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2018 00:12:43 -0600

El lun, 05-02-2018 a las 14:00 +0530, Dr.V. Umarani escribió:
> Hello ,
>
> I am new to Fisica Lab. I have just downloaded the software and
> worked
> few problems.
>
> I am a non physics student. Can you just elaborate on this Lab and
> provide an overview.

Hi,

Well, this was most a personal challenge, so there is not pedagogical
objectives behind it. But my initial intention was create an
application where the student only think in physics concepts. This
because, in most cases, the student have a poor background in
mathematics; or maybe he is studying mathematics and physics at same
time, so he don't have the necessary background. Although this is not
possible always, at some point the student should take in account some
mathematical relationship that express some particularity of the
problem in question. But my idea is provide to the student a way to try
solve physics problems, even if he don't have a good mathematical
background, and in the process learn more about the ideas and concepts
in physics. Not sure if this answer your question.

Regards
Germán