fhsst-maths

Re: FHSST-Maths: Newbie on the list

From: Sam Halliday
Subject: Re: FHSST-Maths: Newbie on the list
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 13:36:33 +0000

On 31 Oct 2005, at 05:48, Carl Hultquist wrote:
I've just signed up to make some contributions to the FHSST. My name's
Carl Hultquist, and I'm a postgraduate student (currently MSc but hoping to upgrade to PhD) in the Computer Science department at the University
of Cape Town. I've studied maths right up until 3rd year university
level, and also dappled with a few 4th year courses. On the teaching
front, I don't have any formal experience but I have been involved for
about 5 years in training high school pupils for the International
Olympiad in Informatics (a computer programming contest). I've also been a tutor in the Computer Science department for 3 years. As far as LaTeX goes, I'm one of those funny Linux people: so when I'm writing any kind
of document I more or less eat-sleep-breathe LaTeX :-P

welcome onboard carl!

you arrived at the perfect time, i was just about to assign november's projects. any chapter requests? editing or writing from scratch, which would you prefer?

cheers,
Sam
--
Free High School Science Texts