fencepost-users

Re: [Fencepost-users] Would any of you kind folks update emacs for fence

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Fencepost-users] Would any of you kind folks update emacs for fencepost?...
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 22:26:23 GMT

    Would any of you kind folks update emacs for fencepost?...

Only the sysadmins can update the system version, if a newer package is
available.  (I know you sent your original query to address@hidden,
but you weren't asking for updates then, so it got redirected to info@,
which is where I answered it.)

FWIW, I compiled 24.3 as ~karl/gnu/bin/emacs because I wanted it for
myself.  You're welcome to run it from there.

There is also a larger directory of current versions of most GNU
releases, including emacs 24.3, in /gd/gnu/gnusys/live/bin.  Should be
usable after sourcing /gd/gnu/gnusys/live/setup in a startup file.

best,
karl