femlisp-user

[femlisp-user] Announcement Femlisp-0.8.4

From: Nicolas Neuss
Subject: [femlisp-user] Announcement Femlisp-0.8.4
Date: 29 Jan 2004 16:59:37 +0100

Hello,

Femlisp-0.8.4 is now available.  It is automatically installed with the
script "femlisp-install", see <http://www.femlisp.org/> (alternatively, you
can update via CVS, in case that Femlisp is already working for you).
There are no major changes in functionality yet, but several things have
been straightened out.  Here is an excerpt from the file CHANGES:

* From Femlisp-0.8.3 to Femlisp-0.8.4:

The iteration module was improved.  Iterative solvers and problem solution
stragtegies are now subclasses of iterations.  This allows for the easy
integration of nonlinear solvers and time stepping schemes (not yet done).

The interface for solving has changed to the form (SOLVE SOLVER
BLACKBOARD).  That is, the problem to be solved is now defined on a
blackboard and the solution is written to this blackboard.  This is true
for both linear solvers and problem solution strategies.

Several smaller changes.

During the next months, larger changes will happen.  Especially, the linear
algebra will be reworked.  The reason is that I have written a Matlisp
replacement which appears to be much more efficient (factor 10) in test
cases, and I will change Femlisp such that this module can optionally
replace Matlisp.

Yours,

Nicolas.