fab-user

[Fab-user] Adjusting hosts.env based on which servers are online

From: Guy Sheffer
Subject: [Fab-user] Adjusting hosts.env based on which servers are online
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 17:24:52 +0200

Hey all,
I've been using fabric to manage a small 3 hosts cluster.
Now this cluster is going to have only some of the machines active in certain times of the day.

Is there a way to get fabric to ssh and run commands on machines only on hosts it can reach?
Bonus points if it can return which servers were on.

I could write something in python that does this especially for my case, but was wondering if fabric has some tool, or design pattern to handle this.

Thanks,
Guy