fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Run as root without sudo and root ssh disabled

From: Brandon Whaley
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Run as root without sudo and root ssh disabled
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2018 10:39:30 -0400

I think you may be able to use su by setting up a watcher for su's password prompt and using su -c "command" via run:

http://docs.pyinvoke.org/en/latest/concepts/watchers.html#autoresponding

    responder = Responder(
        pattern=r"Password: ",
        response="thisismysecretpassword",
    )
    c.run("su -c 'something-that-needs-root'", watchers=[responder])