fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Fabric python tool to spawn AWS VM EC2 instance

From: Max Arnold
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Fabric python tool to spawn AWS VM EC2 instance
Date: Sun, 20 May 2018 17:45:43 +0700

Fabric is a remote task execution tool and is not very well suited for
configuration management, provisioning, and orchestration. You could probably
bend it for you use-case (for example by utilizing `boto` library), but you'll
end up writing a lot of code.

I'm not familiar with Ansible, but it seems to have the functionality you need:
http://docs.ansible.com/ansible/latest/modules/ec2_module.html.
Also, you can try SaltStack (and salt-cloud in particular):
https://docs.saltstack.com/en/latest/topics/cloud/aws.html.