fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] How to gracefully/elegantly collect data about failed hos

From: Abhijeet Rastogi
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] How to gracefully/elegantly collect data about failed hosts when using fabric.api.execute? (v1)
Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 22:38:11 +0530

Hi Brandon,

Thanks. But how do I handle cases like host connection failures etc? I don't have control over returning that information from task function.

Thanks

On Thu 17 May, 2018, 20:56 Brandon Whaley, <address@hidden> wrote:
You need to have your worker function catch any exceptions (https://github.com/fabric/fabric/blob/1.14/fabric/exceptions.py) and evaluate success/failure, then return a value useful to you in determining if your task was successful.  Returning "None" for failure modes is something I've done before.