fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Clearing runs_once?

From: Brandon Whaley
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Clearing runs_once?
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 17:01:46 +0000

Looks like fabric keeps a dictionary of found tasks in fabric.state.commands: https://github.com/fabric/fabric/blob/1.13.1/fabric/state.py#L405

You could give this a try:

```
from fabric.state import commands

for task in commands.values():
    if hasattr(task, 'return_value'):
        del task.return_value
```

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 11:36 AM Chris Spencer <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm trying to write unittests to check some Fabric-based functionality, and I'm running into some roadblocks with the @runs_once decorator. Some tests are failing when other tests call tasks decorated by @runs_once, since the decorator caches the very first return value.

From inspecting the code, I see I can simply clear this by doing `del mytask.return_value`. However, to properly fix this in all tests, I'll have to track down every task that uses @runs_once and delete this, which will be tedious.

Is there an easier to to reset @runs_once globally?