fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] logging to file?

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] logging to file?
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 10:28:40 -0800

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 2:27 AM, Chris Withers <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> When using 'fab' from the command line, is there any way I can get it to log
> to a file rather than just to the console?

Protip: searching the issue tracker will often answer your question for you :)

    https://github.com/fabric/fabric/issues/57

Fabric 1.4 is in active development & slated for completion around the
end of the month, and Fabric 1.5 will tackle that above issue and
related issues.

As Jonathan mentioned, a crappy but mostly serviceable interim
solution is to simply pipe Fabric's entire output to a file.

-Jeff