fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] sudo fails every now and again

From: Hajducko, Steven
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] sudo fails every now and again
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 09:27:48 -0800

>First time it prompts me for a password - why? As far as I understand Fabric should be able to handle this?

I’m not sure what you mean by ‘Fabric should be able to handle this’.  Sudo is prompting you for a password because that’s how sudo works.  If your credentials are not cached, you get a password prompt, then a timer starts.  When that timer expires, you have to enter your password again for sudo.  Sorry if you know all that – not trying to be patronizing.

Fabric handles interactive prompts by by passing the prompt back to you.  It doesn’t have an expect like behavior where it sees a password prompt and passes in the password ( from what I know and someone correct me if I’m wrong ).

If you don’t want a password prompt, you’ll have to change your sudoers to NOPASSWD.

--

sh