fab-user

[Fab-user] Executing a block of code once for task that has multiple hos

From: Ahsan Rabbani
Subject: [Fab-user] Executing a block of code once for task that has multiple hosts
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 16:43:25 -0400

Is it possible to have certain code executed only once even if a task has multiple hosts defined (without having to invoke multiple tasks from the command line)? For example, if I had a compile step that only needs to be done once and then the rsyncing of the files would be executed for each host. I tried doing something like the following but it doesn't work and fails to recognize the hosts when rsync_files is called from within the compile task.

def compile(*projects):
    for projects in projects:
        # compile project
    rsync_files(*projects)