fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Passing host IP addresses to Fabric tasks from other Pyth

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Passing host IP addresses to Fabric tasks from other Python classes
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 08:11:11 -0700

2011/10/5 Samuli Seppänen <address@hidden>:

> Just a brief update... I upgraded to the "19-parallel-execution" branch,
> after which I could use Fabric as a library. However, Fabric threads
> still stepped on each other's toes, e.g. simultaneous "put" failed in
> all except one thread. So, I changed the approach and made each
> "configurer" thread launch a separate Fabric process, after which things
> have worked just great!

Great, glad to hear it!

FYI, the work in that #19 branch has been merged into 'master', so you
may want to switch to that at some point. I keep feature branches
around post-merge for a short while for history's sake, but eventually
they get cleaned up, and they also tend to not get updated post-merge
either (e.g. with bugfixes.)

Best,
Jeff

--