fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] can't 'put' directory

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] can't 'put' directory
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 11:18:40 -0700

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 4:40 AM, David Stolarsky <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have a working fab configuration. For example, I can 'put' a file. But
> when I try to 'put' a directory, I get:
>
>     No such file
>
> Am I doing something obviously wrong?

It's likely that the remote directory 'reqs' doesn't exist -- put()
drops files *inside* the remote_dir argument. (This behavior may need
tweaking or at least better docs, as the docstring doesn't seem to
cover it -- but that's how it works right now IIRC.)

So you probably want to specify something like put('reqs/', '') if you
truly wanted the remote directory to be $HOME/reqs/<stuff which was
inside your local reqs/ folder>.

--
Jeff Forcier
Unix sysadmin; Python/Ruby engineer