fab-user

[Fab-user] local(), etc. path behavior seems to have changed on Windows

From: Kevin Horn
Subject: [Fab-user] local(), etc. path behavior seems to have changed on Windows
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 01:10:25 -0600

I dusted off an old fabfile a few days ago, and to my surprise it was completely broken.  I haven't had much chance to look at it until today, and I think I've nailed it down.

In order to run the same fabfile on Windows and Linux, I have a number of places where I have directory paths in like:

'path/to/file'

using just forward slashes. I realize that this is kind of sloppy-looking in the Python world, but this used to work fine in fabric, but no longer does.

I'm not sure what caused this change, and I'm not really whether I should call it a bug.  Was this change intentional?

If so, I'll go ahead and update my fabfiles, but if not, can anyone tell me when the change was introduced?

Kevin Horn