fab-user

[Fab-user] Basic questoins

From: Peter Bee
Subject: [Fab-user] Basic questoins
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 18:08:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am new member and would like to thank everyone ahead of time, because I know I will have lots of questions, some of them probably are too basic.

I was searching for 'push' deployment tools, and I think Fabric is the one of the best. But here are my questions
  1. Fabric is only for Linux/Unix (I also saw someone mentioned Mac), right? Is there any way it can work on Windows? We are planning to store our deliverables in SAN (Linux based I guess), and deploy them to both Windows (both websites and services) and Linux systems respectively.
  2. What is the current stable release of Fabric, 0.9 or 1.0? We have installed Python2.6.5 on our systems, is that good for Fabric?
Thanks,
Peter