fab-user

[Fab-user] constructing host lists from a file

From: Martin-Louis Bright
Subject: [Fab-user] constructing host lists from a file
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 16:27:14 -0400

hi!

I just installed fabric on Fedora 13: painless and beautiful.

I was wondering what the best practice is around constructing host
lists from a file. I have a file with a large number of hostnames, one
per line, that I would like to apply certain tasks to. I could wrap:

fab -H $host my_task

in some kind of loop, but it would be nice if I could specify the file
on the command line and be done with it... Is there a disadvantage to
this approach?

--Martin