fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Re: How to handle remote shell prompt for input?

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Re: How to handle remote shell prompt for input?
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 16:18:51 -0400

Unfortunately, pexpect only operates on local commands that it
launches itself via subprocess, so it can't work with tools like
Fabric.

There's an experimental "fdpexpect" that can operate on arbitrary file
descriptors that I may look into, but as-is the main pexpect module is
a no-go unless I've missed something about how it works.

-Jeff