fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] couldn't fab<enter> summon a default task?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] couldn't fab<enter> summon a default task?
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 14:00:31 -0500

On Jan 21, 2010, at 1:45 PM, Phlip wrote:

> Fabbers:
> So I'd like to write a fabfile.py with this in it...
>
>    def default():
>        test()
>
> Then I'd like to call the default when I hit fab<enter>. Instead, I
> now get the help message.

If you're concerned about the typing, just make a quick shell script, ahead of
fab in the path, that calls `fab default` and make sure there's a default in
your local fabfile.py.

Now, having commands loaded from ~/.fabricrc  (which sub-project I've lost
track of the status of), would be helpful.

Stephen F. Steiner
Integrated Development Corporation
address@hidden
www.integrateddevcorp.com