fab-user

[Fab-user] Deploying to different path & db on same server

From: Nicolas Steinmetz
Subject: [Fab-user] Deploying to different path & db on same server
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 16:54:49 +0100

Hello,

It's quite a long time I used Fabric and as new needs raised in my firm, I'm considering playing back with fabric.

My concern is that I have a website which use 6 web servers and 1 database. Now that our service concerns not only Europe but also Asia. Therefore, as an impact, I have a new database and a new file system structure : /app/europe/ & /app/asia

As I will have to deploy the same package on both side but at a different time due to time zone, I would like to do stg like :

fab deploy europe db1 db2 db3
fab deploy asie db4

This way :
- files will be deployed to /app/{geo_area}/
- db script will be run against specified db

Is it feasible or do I have to build 2 packages; one for each FS & related DB ?

Cheers,
Nicolas
--
Nicolas Steinmetz