fab-user

[Fab-user] Current head passing unit tests?

From: address@hidden
Subject: [Fab-user] Current head passing unit tests?
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 13:05:40 -0400

Hey, quick question for anyone who could try it real quick...

Fab is installed in develop mode, just updated from github a few minutes ago.

I'm trying to run Fabric's unit tests off the head with `fab test`  and I get:

(wssw1)ssteiner:(git)fabric[master]/$ fab test
[localhost] run: nosetests -sv --with-doctest
Failure: ImportError (cannot import name output) ... ERROR
... 8 more times

Failure: ImportError (cannot import name HostConnectionCache) ... ERROR
.. twice

Failure: ImportError (No module named fudge.patcher) ... ERROR
...a couple of times

Failure: ImportError (No module named paramiko) ... ERROR

test_version.test_get_version('0.9', '0.9') ... ok
... and the rest of the version tests pass

All of the imports that are failing are working fine from a command-line Python interpreter and it's the same interpreter `fab` is using.

Part of it seems to be related to the way paramiko is being imported with the guard to turn off the deprecation warnings because the traceback shows, in part:

  File "/Users/ssteiner/Dropbox/work/fabric/fabric/state.py", line 9, in <module>
    from fabric.network import HostConnectionCache
  File "/Users/ssteiner/Dropbox/work/fabric/fabric/network.py", line 19, in <module>
    abort("paramiko is a required module. Please install it:\n\t$ sudo easy_install paramiko")
  File "/Users/ssteiner/Dropbox/work/fabric/fabric/utils.py", line 16, in abort
    from fabric.state import output
ImportError: cannot import name output

Anyone have a clue what's going on here?

This is Python 2.61 in a virtualenv on OS X.  I can import paramiko just fine (with deprecation warnings) from a prompt and I've checked to see that the same Python binary's being used by the fab command line tool.

Thanks,

Stephen F. Steiner
Integrated Development Corporation
(603)433-1232