fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] splitting large fabfile.py

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] splitting large fabfile.py
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 09:54:16 -0400

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 4:01 AM, Christian Vest Hansen
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 3:29 PM, Jeff Forcier <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hi Aljosa,
>>
>> Unforunately, Fabric 0.1 and older do not support splitting a fabfile
>> into multiple files, so I'm afraid you're out of luck for the time
>> being.
>
> Actually, it does. See the help-text for the "load" operation. You
> would use this function instead of python imports in old-fabric.

Christian is totally correct, apologies for forgetting about this! In
my defense, I never made use of the feature in the old days, so it
wasn't on my mind :)

The 0.1-specific documentation for load() can be found here:
http://www.nongnu.org/fab/api.html#operations_load

-Jeff