fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] trivial put test case fails?

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] trivial put test case fails?
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 08:18:48 -0500

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 5:23 AM, Niklas Lindström <address@hidden> wrote:

> And it worked. It hasn't stalled during my runs. (And seems like a
> logical order of things.)

That's pretty crazy; I was the one who updated that functionality last
and I'm pretty sure I had it all working 100%. Certainly I had to try
many different tactics -- including moving around the join() and
recv_exit_status() calls -- before I got consistently good behavior
out of the darn things :) Here's hoping that tweak doesn't cause other
issues for you!

> * Changing `chan.recv(65535)` changed nothing (tried both this alone,
> and along with recv_stderr).

This wouldn't have made a positive difference for the most part; the
point of that line is to try and grab as much as we possibly can out
of the channel; lowering it should only have led to the loop running
more times, and a slightly higher chance of losing the tail end of
some of the output (in the case where we get the "no more data" signal
from the channel before we've actually recv'd the entire thing).

Both of these are irritating and hard-to-get-right quirks of this kind
of approach, which as I've been saying is why I want to try Twisted.
We'll see =)

Best,
Jeff