fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Fabric 0.1.0 ran away from home.

From: Nicolas Steinmetz
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Fabric 0.1.0 ran away from home.
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 06:54:14 +0100

2009/2/17 Christian Vest Hansen <address@hidden>
But that's not it! Fabric 0.1.0 requires Python 2.5, so if you're on
2.4 and absolutely cannot upgrade, then this release is not for you :(

Congrats :-)

For the py 2.4 compatibility, I think the python 2.4 users (at least me) cannot blame you but more their distros as python 2.5 and 2.6 are released since a long time (especially for py 2.5).

I'll still use fabric for my personnal purpose. For the professional one, it looks we are moving to a specific java based solution (as Perl & Java has been set as firm standards :-/ )

Related to Jeff's purpose to (try to) move to twisted, I read some articles on Twisted those last days, it looks quite interesting (even if it may be more complex in some ways to become familar with twisted). Interesting to see where it can lead us.

Nicolas
--
Nicolas Steinmetz
http://www.steinmetz.fr - http://www.unelectronlibre.info/