Re: [ESPResSo-users] how to fix part of atoms during the simulation?

From: Sebastian Bindgen
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] how to fix part of atoms during the simulation?
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2019 07:47:22 +0100

Hey!

There is a particle property called ‘fix=[x,y,z]’, if you want to fix a particle in all three directions you have to use:

part[index].fix = [1,1,1]

http://espressomd.org/html/doc4.0.1/espressomd.html#module-espressomd.particle_data

You can specify this when you set up the particles. The feature requires you to have compiled with ‘external_forces’.

Regards
Sebastian