[ESPResSo-users] Doubt regarding integration steps

From: Nairhita Samanta
Subject: [ESPResSo-users] Doubt regarding integration steps
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2016 18:00:40 +0530

Hello all!

               I am little confused here understanding the time-steps of integration in Espresso. When we run a script, we generally have three parameters "time steps" (generally very small), "integration time" and "integration steps". Now while integrating, the system is being integrated "integration time" times and each of them has certain number of "integration steps" and and all the steps get integrated by dt="time steps".

Now my question is if I want to report my simulations somewhere then what should be the total time of integration? Is it

("integration time" X "integration steps" X "time steps") in whatever is my unit system.

I feel this is the most logical.

Regards,
Nairhita