Re: [ESPResSo-users] Sistematically decreasing of Temperature with DPD t

From: Axel Arnold
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Sistematically decreasing of Temperature with DPD thermostat
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 21:23:22 +0100

Hi!

As far as I understand, RATTLE checks for convergence really that the constraints are fulfilled by Euclidean distance, so that would still work with constraining to a plane.

However, DPD and RATTLE are probably a problem. At best you loose the moment conservation, but RATTLE will eat up most of the kicks into the dumpbells main axis to maintain the geometry. So you basically loose the fluctuating part, while the drag part is nearly unchanged. So, should give you very low temperatures.

Note that with Langevin that works, you just have less degrees of freedom corresponding to the constrained dofs.

Cheers,
Axel