Re: [ESPResSo-users] Short and introductory course to ESPResSo

From: Salvador H-V
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Short and introductory course to ESPResSo
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 21:56:00 -0600

Dear All,

Thanks a lot for your reply and suggestions.

As Axel mentioned is a one-day course. So, I am planing:

a) to give a presentation (in spanish) about general features of ESPResSo (Introduction and Basic Usage).
b) Dowloading and compiling EXPResSo
c) Hands on at least three systems. Lennard-Jones or Yukawa, Polymers or Polyelectrolites and DPD or LB.

Maybe is too much for one day but the people is interested in how to set up a system simulation with ESPResSo. I will try to do my best!

Thanks to  Olaf that already have sent me his presentation.  I will contact the other people during the following days.

I really appreciate your support and help!

Kind regards,

Salvador

2012/2/14 Olaf Lenz <address@hidden>
Hi!

On 02/13/2012 06:33 PM, Salvador H-V wrote:
> We are trying to grow the community of ESPResSo users' in Mexico.

Excellent!

> I was wondering if iI could make use of the presentations, scripts
> and information (with the corresponding credits) that are currently
> available at the CECAM web page:
> http:/

At least for everything authored by people from ICP I can say that you
are very welcome to use the material (i.e. Olaf Lenz, Christian Holm,
Axel Arnold). This encompasses most of the presentations and also the
first two tutorials.

I will send you the sources (Open Office) of my talk ("Basic Usage of
ESPResSo") off the list.

As for the stuff of the other people, I'm pretty sure that noone will
object, but to be on the safe side, you can directly write to the
authors if you want to use their presentations.

> Finally, I would really appreciate any suggestion/observation for
> the course or additional material that you could offer me.

I think that the material offered there is best suited for your purpose.
You might also want to have a look at the "tutorials" that come with the
development source code (and soon with ESPResSo 3.1):

       http://espressomd.org/jenkins/job/ESPResSo/doclinks/4/
       http://espressomd.org/jenkins/job/ESPResSo/doclinks/5/

Olaf

--
Dr. rer. nat. Olaf Lenz
Institut für Computerphysik, Pfaffenwaldring 27, D-70569 Stuttgart

--
=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

Dr. Salvador Herrera Velarde
Division de Ciencias e Ingenierias
Campus Leon
Universidad de Guanajuato

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

Este correo ha sido editado para evitar el uso de acentos y guardar compatibilidad entre
diferentes distribuciones