Re: [ESPResSo] Espresso: Surface Force Analysis

From: duenweg
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo] Espresso: Surface Force Analysis
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 15:32:42 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I don't quite understand the question.

As far as my understanding goes,
Molecular Dynamics runs via interaction
potentials, and forces derived from those
A stress tensor, on the contrary, is a
macroscopic quantity, derived from the
interactions and particle motions only
after averaging, typically via the virial
theorem. See any textbook like e.g.
Frenkel-Smit, Allen-Tildesley etc.

Or did I completely misunderstand your
problem?