[ESPResSo] Creating a Movie from Espresso Simulations

From: Lorenzo Isella
Subject: [ESPResSo] Creating a Movie from Espresso Simulations
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 14:55:26 +0200

Dear All,
I suppose that plenty of people on this list create from time to time
a movie from their own simulations.
This is what I am looking for:
(1) I do not want to repeat any simulation, just read particle
positions [that I have already stored at different times]  and collect
these "snapshots" to make a movie.
(2) a movie similar to the one generated by VMD in the example scripts
of espresso  would probably be fine but I would like to finally have
e.g. an .avi file which can be viewed without installing a full
specialized visualization program. [should I post this to the VMD
list?]

I am really looking for some cheap and quick solutions, since the most
complicated structure I need to represent is a cluster of small
spherical particles of the same type.
Many thanks for any suggestions.

Lorenzo