espressomd-devel

[ESPResSo-devel] Two new particle properties

From: Evyatar Arad
Subject: [ESPResSo-devel] Two new particle properties
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 15:48:12 +0300

Hi again,
As a part of implementing the aforementioned new integrator, I’ve come across
the need to set two new particle properties. a_p and b_p. The two are constant
throughout the simulation and are dependant on a particles mass and the
Langevin friction coefficient.
I’ve added the two new fields under the ParticleProperties struct in
particle_data.hpp.

1) In the comments it states that these should be properties which are not
supposed to change during the integration (check), but have to be known for all
ghosts. I’m no sure about the latter part of the statement…

2) Where do you think would be a good place to assign a value to these two?
I’ve initialised the two values to zero at the beginning of init_particle.

A lovely Tuesday afternoon to all of you,
Evyatar.