erptravel-announce

[Erptravel-announce] Neptune

From: Reginald Pruitt
Subject: [Erptravel-announce] Neptune
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 15:51:10 +0200

Life seemed irrelevant; successseemed idle. Well come in for a bite if it isnt inconvenient. Niels was untying his horses from the fence in order to leave againwhen he saw Mr. Vogelseemed to enjoy it; she looked at him sideways with a quietsmile . Then she bowled him over as if hewere a child.
When they reached Ellens yard, the girl stepped out of the house.
Then both laughed; and Niels, too, felt atease. I have the horses to look after, Niels said.
He wished to flee; but thestrength had gone out of his limbs. Then she bowled him over as if hewere a child. All through the winter Niels worked at clearing yard and field, atsquaring and fitting timbers
She rode over to Lunds to ask them to drive for adoctor.
No doubt herhusband, then her lover, had seemed the fairy prince to her.
He wanted to get away and lookedhelplessly at the crowd.
Lunds voice shrilled out, betraying undisguisedalarm.
For the first time she hadsmiled and even laughed. Somehow Niels felt that a barrier had arisen between him and hisfriend. So far they had had their interests in common.
When the grown-ups had finished their supper, they made room forthe children.
Amundsen came somewhat closer before he replied.
The airwas strangely quiet for a summer day in the north.
It wasnot lonely now; it was peopled with dreams. I have no intention of selling, Niels said. He never spoke a word beyond what was exactly neededto convey his meaning . She rode over to Lunds to ask them to drive for adoctor. Oh, mamma, her husband broke in, how you talk! Wevethree acres of potatoes in; and the crop is sold already for twentycents a bushel. You see, he said, I have a brother living in Minnesota who isvery well off. Niels frowned in rebellion; but he asked, though ungraciously.