erc-discuss

[Erc-discuss] LastLog suggestion, remove a space

From: Lars Björnfot
Subject: [Erc-discuss] LastLog suggestion, remove a space
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 10:19:24 +0200 (CEST)

A suggestion for erc-cmd-LASTLOG

When I run "/lastlog foo" it will
actually try to match " foo" (note initial space)
and I get fewer matches than expected.

A bug? I think it's better not to pass the space.

Another suggestion: If foo is a user's nick one can
click on the nick, and type LastLog RET.
(No extra space problem.)

But for an upper-case nick BAR the search becomes
case sensitive, and again I get fewer matches,
e.g. will not see replies  "bar: ok"

It would be great to allow case insensitive search
also for mixed case nicks.

Lars