erc-discuss

[Erc-discuss] faces for events not in erc-track-faces-priority-list

From: Andrew Yates
Subject: [Erc-discuss] faces for events not in erc-track-faces-priority-list
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 18:32:51 -0400

I am trying to configure erc so that I am only notified of JOIN/PARTs
(which use the erc-notice-face) in a few channels. I am trying to do
this by using erc-track-priority-faces-only in conjuction with a
moddified erc-track-faces-priority-list.

My problem is that if I remove erc-notice-face from
erc-track-faces-priority-list, erc-track uses the same face for
channel messages and JOIN/PARTs. I'm forced to either not use
erc-track-priority-faces-only and be notified of the JOIN/PART events
everywhere, or use it and have the faces for msgs and erc-notice events be
the same. Neither of those are very appealing.

Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this? The best solution I've
come up with so far is to modify erc-track-exclude-types so that a
list of events to ignore can be specified on a per-channel basis, such
as: (("emacs" "JOIN" "PART" "NICK")).
Any other ideas on a better way to accomplish this? Does erc already has
a method to do it that I'm not aware of?