erbot-discuss

[Erbot-discuss] Re: erc-coding-system-for-target

From: Vivek Dasmohapatra
Subject: [Erbot-discuss] Re: erc-coding-system-for-target
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 12:58:32 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 1 Jan 2006, DEEPAK GOEL wrote:

so I made it utf8 when undefined.  Was that reasonable?

Yes... the main purpose here is to just let erbot trust erc -
if erc doesn't provide a means then we just have to guess.

It doesn't really make sense to build up our own coding systems
heuristics, so I guess we have to fall back to /something/ and
utf-8 strikes me as a reasonable choice. Is it likely that
erc-coding-system-for-target won't be bound?