[Enigma-devel] Re : Re: enigma on Android

From: Busser Alain
Subject: [Enigma-devel] Re : Re: enigma on Android
Date: Fri, 09 May 2014 22:02:37 +0400

----- Message d'origine -----
De: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
Date: Vendredi, Mai 9, 2014 2:18 pm
Objet: Re: [Enigma-devel] enigma on Android
À: address@hidden

> On May 9, 2014 9:44 AM, I wrote:
> >
> > re: f-droid: I don't know whether E4Android is FLOSS in the first
> place -
> it's Stallman level 0 as its source is not available to us.
>
> well, after peeking into the apk, it seems to contain a zip with all enigma
> assets (which is hopefully a cleaned-up enigma installer with no
> additions/modifications) which is unpacked to ~/app-data/. Will try to
> substitute this zipfile to see if it works with an up-to-date version,
> but
> this won't change that we don't have the code of the android part, notably
> the tilt sensor modifications.

Thanks alot, but I doubt it will work, as the version of enigma was made with
the ancient API, and the apk will probably not recognize the levels made with
the new API. Which seems to mean almost all of the levels... Anyway it is good
to try, one never knows.

Meanwhile, I managed to push some stones in the sokoban levels. The meditation
levels are really new when played on the tablet.

For the next Android version I propose that Blackball be driven by the GPS, so
that players will have to walk or run on a stadium to play to Enigma. Or with
the camera, but they will feel a little ridiculous (don't mind, I will not test
it myself, I will ask my pupils to test ;-))...  :-D

Alain