Re: [Enigma-devel] Re : Alain-Reece-Enigma Level Editor

From: Reece
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Re : Alain-Reece-Enigma Level Editor
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 11:09:17 -0700

Hi,

On 1/16/2012 11:51 PM, Busser Alain wrote:
There's still a lot to be done
Sure but as is, the soft can already used to teach coordinates to children, because the coordinates are displayed, and are integers ;-)

Let me know what you think and also what needs to be done with my level
editor.

First of all, the interface is beautiful, and gives the wish to design a game.

Then, one of the first things you will have to do, will be to add in the "readme" a text about the license you choose (why not the GPL2.0 which is enigma's?) and a link to the text of said license.
I like the idea of the GPL2.0 or 3.0 license!
Also, if you use Enigma's source code (which is in the C++ language) you'll have all the floors, actors etc in png, grouped in folders so that you'll have all these at once (quicker than get them one by one I guess)
The way I got all my images is from the folder "Program Files\Enigma\data\gfx40" (Windows folder system).
Does Enigma's source have more complete images if so where can I find Enigma's source code? (I didn't find any at sourceforge.net)

I love constructive criticism so feel free to comment.

I'll stop here, someone already said an editor is useless until it includes some kind of lua interpretor, but I'll come back on this when you will be more advanced, as I don't want to discourage you (and I hope you will find some help for that purpose at least)

To sum up, great job imho, I hope it will get even better in the future!

Alain
Thanks Alain!

Reece