[Enigma-devel] Re : Enigma Unexpectedly Quiting

From: Busser Alain
Subject: [Enigma-devel] Re : Enigma Unexpectedly Quiting
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 09:12:54 +0400

> I'm running Enigma on a Mac OS 10.7 "Lion" and find that Enigma is
> suddenly quitting on me when playing certain levels. I have the latest
> version of Enigma.

Hi,  could you be a little more precise and give the version number? (cause the
"latest" version may well be one future version that you may not be aware of...)

 There are a number of levels where I have this
> quitting problem; one of them is the level "sierpinski". It usually
> happens when I try to go up to the next screen,

Although I have no Mac, I feel a little concerned because I created this level.
I may have a clue, as an error message given by your computer below...

> information in the report below and am also going to send the report
> to Apple as well.

Good idea!

> /System/Library/TextEncodings/Unicode
> Encodings.bundle/Contents/MacOS/Unicode Encodings

... (continued from above) If the problem comes from here it may mean that an
exotic character has been found and not recognized by Tiger. As

1) I am French
2) I wrote this level under Windows (shame on me!)

it is quite possible that I put a wrong character somwhere, even without being
aware of it.

To know if I am right into thinking that I was wrong, a more complete list of
the levels that cause the crash could be useful I guess...

>From now on I will, like you, expect an answer from those who happen to have a
>Mac, but in the meantime I feel tempted to advise to you that you try to have
>the really most recent version of Enigma, trying to follow the instructions
>there: http://www.nongnu.org/enigma/download.html#compilation

Only, I could not compile it last time (autogen says that "configure.ac:110:
warning: macro `AM_PATH_SDL' not found in library"), but really it is a good
way to have a better Enigma because this unstable version uses the new API
which makes coding easier and debugging easier too...

Friendly

Alain