Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma 1.10 Milestone 5 Revision 1877

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma 1.10 Milestone 5 Revision 1877
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 13:17:02 +0100

Hi,

Sidney Markowitz wrote:
Mark Pulley wrote, On 2/12/09 10:40 PM:
I've found a glitch when running the new version. When it loads, if the screen resolution is set to 800x600, the following error message comes up:

I got the same error message and some other strange ones that seemed to be associated with certain resolutions but did not continue to reproduce consistently. However, I found that if I deleted ~/.enigmarc.xml the problem would go away and not come back. I wonder if something in the format of .enigmarc.xml has changed and the old format confuses the new Enigma.

.enigmarc.xml has not changed since milestone 1. But we changed installation paths, nearly all image names and the SDL image library. So I expect the problem in one of these candidates.

Error loading '[path]/Resources/data/models-40.lua' Error '[path]/Resources/data/models.lua:72: Could not define model fl_abyss: error loading fl_abyss'
This error may cause the application to behave strange'

Let us start investigating the problem with the given error messages. What about "fl_abyss"? Please check the existance of the file on the given path.

Please start the app with option "--log" and check the "Output.log". Verify the paths listed in "resourceFS" on validity. You may send me in a private mail a copy of this log file.

Greets,

Ronald