Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma on iPhone

From: Sparr
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma on iPhone
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 12:26:44 -0400

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 3:36 AM, kurt hofmann <address@hidden> wrote:
> What you are making out of this discussion is – from the point of view of in
> iPhone user – just ridiculous.
> All I want is a cool game on a cool device.
> As are probably quite a few of the millions of iPhone users.
> I am not at all interested in political discussions.

This pinpoints the difference between an iPhone user and the average
FOSS developer.  You don't care how much freedom you give up to Apple
as long as the things you want work.  And, if you are a typical iPhone
user, when Apple says you can't have something, you just accept that,
maybe with a little complaining.  But for most of us, the fact that
Apple exercises that level of control, to the ends of their profit and
their users' annoyance, makes developing for their platform a much
less desirable option.

Would you accept a well-paying job from a company that you knew was
evil?  Most iPhone users would.  Most FOSS developers wouldn't.