Re: [Enigma-devel] Maemo Port for Nokia Internet Tablets - Performance

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Maemo Port for Nokia Internet Tablets - Performance
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 23:18:32 +0100

Hi,

Pipeline wrote:
Patch r1046 has just been a preliminary experiment to check the
influence. I mailed yesterday the draft concept of a complete laser
light reengineering. It mainly addresses the large number of
inconsistencies in the current gaming logic concerning the laser light
(see bug reports #11112, #9475,...). But of course it addresses the
inefficiency of the laser beam drawing, too. You are right in your
assumption that the current implementation redraws all grids with a
laser beam on it on every frame with single change of laser light
anywhere. I plan to redraw just those grids where the light did change.
This should speed up the redraw on "Magic Triangle" by another factor of
3 - 4.

The r1046 patch improved performance in this level at least 300% so, yes even as a preliminary experiment, your algorithm "magic" is much appreciated :) There is a gliimpse of future playability... also on every cycle which the block makes, when the lasers are triggered off, the fps rises to 60fps for that brief second and then back down to 3fps or so.

r1050 contains the performance tuning in a preliminary not cleaned up way. But it should redraw only modified beams and I expect no further speedup with later revisions.

Could a Maemo user please check the behaviour of r1050 with "Magic Triangle"

Greets,

Ronald