Re: [Enigma-devel] Maemo Port for Nokia Internet Tablets

From: Till Harbaum / Lists
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Maemo Port for Nokia Internet Tablets
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 21:38:27 +0100

Regarding the touchscreen use: Wouldn't it make sense to allow touching of the
collected items on screen? This isn't useful with the mouse as a visible
mouse cursor is impossible.

But the touchscreen doesn't need a visual representation (i indeed disable the
mouse graphics in the maemo port) and the touchscreen would just work fine in
the lower area of the screen. Any objectives? I would then even remove
all "rotate item" calls as they aren't needed?

Or is there some kind of level that makes funny use of the fact that you have
to sort/rotate the items before use? And the possibility to directly touch
the items would spoil the fun? Some new functionality would be required for
this as currently an item cannot be picked from other than the first
position.

Is there any reason not to do such a change? I think it would make this part
more intuitive than it's now.

Till